Can we have a visual editor like typora?

What do you think about this?

"Typora gives you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer. It removes the preview window, mode switcher, syntax symbols of markdown source code, and all other unnecessary distractions. Instead, it provides a real live preview feature to help you concentrate on the content itself." (Typora .io)

1 Like

The rich markdown plugin is designed for this type of experience so you might like to have a look at it. Personally I like the default hybrid approach which mostly treats markdown as code with some syntax highlighting and mild style rendering like the header resizing but that is due to the nature of the kind of notes I take however I have opened notes up in MarkText (like typora but open source) to use this "seamless" mode more than a few times.

3 Likes

Hi, and welcome!
I'm asking just to be sure, since you're new here: have you noticed the WYSIWYG editor option?

Hi! My pleasure!

Yes, I know the WYSIWYG editor, but it does not have the same experience that Typora or MarkText (cited by Daeraxa).

With this topic, I wanted to bring the discussion to the community about a visual editor that has a similar experience to those mentioned. It would be convenient for me not to split the screen and not use external applications for this.

1 Like

@Daeraxa is most likely referring to the plugin called Rich Markdown that you can install on desktop from the Plugin menu in settings. It is awesome, I have been using it for months and months and never look at the built in Joplin editor. You can do things like type # Title and it will automatically make the text large and deemphasize the markdown characters. Check out this thread Plugin: Rich Markdown to see different customizations available.

3 Likes

Sorry, I didn't understand. Despite a different experience, this Rick Markdown plugin is what I need to work better.

1 Like