Version:
Joplin 2.9.17 (prod, win32)

Client ID: ce1afa54ea10482a840230c1439b9902
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: a84a8e7

Windows 11

Basically I want to know if it possible to use Markdown links across Notebooks?
It seems that this option only allows to use this link while inside the same notebook not to a different one.

@Zumo welcome to the forum.

Yes.

No. A target note's markdown link will take you to the target note regardless of what notebook the note with the originating markdown link is in.

Markdown_Links

If you look on the left you will see that as I follow the markdown links for the two notes the notebook changes. (The gif has been recorded using a pre-release of Joplin but the same happens with v2.9.17)

2 Likes

Hello dpoulton thank you for that.

I didn't explain myself properly, accept my apologies.

What I meant was I have 2 different notebooks and in each one of them I have a note.
Is there a way to get a link to the note in the other notebook?

That is exactly what is happening in the animation.

EDIT:

Or by "Notebook" do you mean that you have set up more than one Profile in Joplin?

I Right clicked on the note and copy markdown link. After I've created a link and I got this error.

I cannot duplicate that on Win11 with Joplin v2.9.17.

Can I confirm that you got the link by using this menu and option?

Screenshot_20230302_003058

The Markdown Link you copied, what does it look like?

It should be in this format:

[Note Title](:/5a2f42a35ec446c2b3c3e73a70786583)

yes I can confirm.

[ESXi](:/e603a28fee5046a1a85716ce7d49afa3)

another weird thing that I noticed is that when I Ctrl+ Right mouse button to go to the link it change the URL.

Don't use the "Insert/Edit Link" function. That is for adding URLs, as in Internet addresses. Just paste the Markdown code [ESXi](:/e603a28fee5046a1a85716ce7d49afa3) directly into the note.

There also appears to be a bug. When using the Rich-Text editor you have to paste the Markdown Link into the note using CTRL+V. If you right-click the note and select Paste the code is "escaped" i.e automatically modified to not display as a link.

ok, it worked only once, when I clicked the second it does nothing :confused:

<div>Troubleshooting <a data-from-md="" data-resource-id="e603a28fee5046a1a85716ce7d49afa3" href="joplin://e603a28fee5046a1a85716ce7d49afa3">ESXi</a></div>

Let me correct that it only works when you have the editors option opened.

In the Rich-Text editor, hold down CTRL when you click the link.

that part I know :rofl:

Problem is that it is working the first time you click it the second time it doesn't.

If I toggle to the editors option all is well :confused:

I cannot reproduce that. The Markdown Link works for me every time, in both the Rich-Text and the Markdown editors.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.