Updating a field across a note

Hey all, new to Joplin, im hopeing this can help me get organized with my work since i work on multiple locations and have been having a hard time keeping track of things. I was wondering if there is a way to update a specific text across a note or in this case a presentation template, for example....

Hello everyone and thank you for attending this discussion for the SITE NAME in CITY, STATE. My name is Brandon, and I am a (my job title and company), located in San Antonio, Texas. I am assigned to the SITE NAME in CITY, STATE for the (what were going to be doing) as part of the.....

So here in the example I would like to be able to make a change to SITE NAME and CITY, STATE in one spot and it would replicate to the other areas where it should be the same CITY STATE of the note so i don't have to continually change it in every spot.

Thank You

Ya, you can do that through the template plugin. And to know more in the GitHub Repo
And the syntax should be like this:

---
name: text
project:
  label: Select a project
  type: dropdown(project 1, project 2, project 3)
show_summary:
  label: Add summary in note?
  type: boolean

---

Hi {{ name }},
This is a report for {{ project }}.

{{#if show_summary}}
## Summary
> Enter the summary here.
{{/if}}

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, so i went and tried to install the plugin through Joplin > Options > Plugins and when installing the "Templates" plugin I receive this message.

I don't actually know this issue, but I just discovered a related post here. I hope it's helpful for you.

Yep most definitely this is a block from my company, thank you, ill have to find another route to do what I need.

1 Like

Funny enough I made this work for anyone who comes across this post in the future.

I went to plugins/README.md at master · joplin/plugins · GitHub and downloaded the .jpl file for the plugin and installed manually from file from Joplin > Options > Plugins > Select the gear on "Manage your plugins" > Install form file.

I didn't realize that it can work like this. :slightly_smiling_face: I know it now!