UI improvements on the WYSIWYG banner

Dear joplin developers,

First of all, thank you for all your work in Joplin. I'm enjoying using it for the last days. Some parts of the UI bother me, though, so I'm reaching out to see if such changes would be acceptable as future pull requests.

My first pet peeve is with the WYSIWYG banner:

Screenshot from 2021-04-03 23-59-32

Although it works fine, using the texts between "[ ]" as buttons feels super weird to me. So I was hoping to contribute a change to make it more like this:

Screenshot from 2021-04-04 00-01-11

This is still a WIP (the close "button" is just the letter X instead of an actual icon), but I was wondering if work in this direction would be accepted by the project. If yes, I would be willing to work with the team to find a layout that's suitable.

Best regards

I've worked a little bit more on this:

Screenshot from 2021-04-04 08-55-47

I think it is definitely an improvement, but would like some input before submitting a PR out of the blue.

I think there was some intention around having the word "dismiss" actually there. If I recall correctly, the issue was that there was concern that people would quickly close the message and not realize down the road that the problems they were having in the wysiwyg editor were to be expected. But maybe you should invite @laurent into the thread.

Thanks for looking into this, but I don't think we're going to change it. The current banner doesn't look too bad. The proposed one also doesn't look too bad I guess, but there's nothing that justifies going through the trouble of implementing, reviewing and testing this.