Tracking down out of sync notes

Trying to track down out of sync notes seems very difficult:

Example:

I discover that some notes are missing on my phone and do a "Synchronization Status" check on the phone (Android) and on desktop Joplin (macOS). The report shows that the number of notes are different on the phone and on the desktop version. The report also shows synced items / total items and I see that all notes on the phone are synced as well as all notes on the desktop version. Like this:

Android :
Sync status (synced items / total items)
Notes: 881/881

macOS :
Sync status (synced items / total items)
Notes: 995/995

Now - how would you proceed to find what notes are missing on the phone? And could it be that some notes are also missing on macOS?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

When trying to figure out what notes could be missing I have discovered the following issues:

1. The "Folders" section on the "Sync status report" shows all folders with a note count. This folder list is not sorted in alphabetical order - and in my case the order it does show is not exactly the same on mobile and desktop client. This makes it very difficult to compare the two lists.

2. The "debug report csv file" that can be exported seems like a tool that I could use, but the Android client export this file to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.cozic.joplin/files/sync-Report.....txt.

Could just as well be exported to /dev/null to me because I can not figure out how to locate the exported file on my phone (Samsung S10e)....

Thanks for all help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.