Top list view available?

Hello everyone,

I am using the Evernote-Windows-Client. I’m looking for an alternative Linux app which also offers E2EE. Joplin seems to be the first option.

In my eyes the top list view is the most effective way to work with.
I cannot miss the option of giving multiple selected notes one ore more tags in one step.

So, will there be a top list view available in Joplin soon?

Yours,
Jyrgen

+1 ... glad someone else out there asked about this. I agree that the top list view is the best view I use in Evernote and I am looking to get off of Evernote but retain this.

My notes:

• Is it possible to write a plugin that would allow this or is this outside what the Plugin API will support?
  • One reason this view is so great is because it shows the SOURCE URL in this view! This would require this source URL to be included in some sort of meta-data field for a post collected through the web clipper and I am not sure this is something Joplin currently supports.

Example of Evernote's top list view:

Is it possible to write a plugin that would allow this or is this outside what the Plugin API will support?

I'm pretty sure it is possible to create this with a plugin. You would use joplin.data to get all the note metadata. And use a custom view to display the notes. When a user clicks on a note you can issue the openNote command to switch notes.

One reason this view is so great is because it shows the SOURCE URL in this view! This would require this source URL to be included in some sort of meta-data field for a post collected through the web clipper and I am not sure this is something Joplin currently supports.

Joplin does store the source URL for clipped items, you can view it by looking at the note properties (icon to the far right of the title.

2 Likes

Hello again,

I especially would be interested in the follwoing columns:

• already synced / not yet synced
  • created
  • updated
  • Title
  • Notebook
  • list of tags of this note
  • size of note including attachments
  • datetime of reminder

Has a respective plugin already been developed?

Yours,
Jyrgen

Not directly as columes in Joplin, but you can try a Plugin which can create a note with almost all these infos.