Thousands of small notes

(Obviously, the following is not a Joplin-related question, but I ask with hope that someone may give me an idea.)

I have thousands of short notes; some are just a few lines long. I need to be able to tag them individually. Furthermore, I also would like to be able to see them in a single file, preferably a plain-text file. (For example, I may want to glance over them at once.) Joplin (and similar software like Obsidian) is not particularly suitable for this. (In Joplin, for example, if I throw everything on the same page, I cannot tag them individually.) CintaNotes is good, but is not cross-platform, not customizable in any way.

What choices do I have?

You could keep your notes in separate files and when you want to view them all at once generate combined doc on the fly.
A simple script should be enough for this.

Hi @ercancem,
Below, you can see a unique Joplin note, where I included many partial notes with embedded tags.

Rendered Markdown below

First note

In this note, two tags are embedded, hidden in rendered markdown

Second note

Here another note, with two different tags I could search, even they’re hidden.

Raw markdown below

## First note
<!--meta keywords="tunic, cinder"-->
In this note, two tags are embedded, hidden in rendered markdown
## Second note
<!--meta keywords="europe, ethnic studies"-->
Here another note, with two different tags I could search, even they're hidden.

And so on.

I wonder is the Note Overview could be expanded to meet this use case. I already use that plugin to create "mega" notes, but it only includes their title, not the body of the note. @JackGruber is this feasible / interesting? Would probably need a feature that could include X lines of the note or something, in case someone tries to make a mega note with an enormous amount of text.

@uxamanda A combined notes based on a search query is already possible.

<!-- note-overview-plugin
search: notebook:"Welcome! (Desktop)"
fields: body
listview:
  text: "{{body}}"
  separator: ---
-->
2 Likes

Awesome @JackGruber! I missed (or forgot...) that that exists. Thank you!

@ercancem i believe that the Note Overview plugin solves your issue (at least on desktop).