Sync to nextcloud hyper slow, and has target locked errors

Joplin for Desktop 1.3.18 / Win 10 / Nextcloud on amazon S3
more details at end:

version Details:
Joplin 1.3.18 (prod, win32)

1. sync keeps halting with "Last Error: sync target is locked - aborting api call" - when I look in the log the files it says are not there are there (I can look in the S3 bucket, readonly, with a browser tool, and see the .md file.)
    Joplin logs attached.
    log.txt (172.5 KB)

2. sync is very slow. I do not know if this is because it keeps stopping on this error (it seems to make a little progress with each sync), but just watching the created items count - it's slow.

I will observe that for joplin to capture the hearts of evernote refugees, it would help if this worked better.

(Joplin's local export, export/reload, and similar functions are light years ahead of evernote. But sync is slow...)

The dataset is large, as it contains my long running personal notebooks, and a great number of clips/finds captured by evernote - it has been trimmed very heavily.
That said, a local filesystem sync dir has 26K .md files and just under 17K resource files.
Locally, it works fine. Doing a sync to the file system and then copying with free file sync or the like works fine.
But of course I can't do that to IOS, so need to run nextcloud sync.

Client ID: adb424c19c904d11bae4f914ede7b8ba
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: 6b75485a1 (master)

Nextcloud 20.0.4
Running on Ubuntu 20... (have to look that up a different way)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.