Sync Problems

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Sync target

Nextcloud

What issue do you have?

Hello everybody,

I “just” migrated from Evernote to Joplin. Unfortunately, I am missing various functions, such as the nested keywords.

But at the moment I'm having trouble getting a decent synchronization. I have been collecting a lot of information using Evernote's Web Clipper since 2011. I would now like to synchronize this under Joplin so that I can work with the information from different devices. I use Nextcloud for synchronization. The setup worked so far and individual things were and are synchronized. But every time I reopen Joplin, it seems to want to resync everything. Changes or edits are also not displayed promptly. For days nothing at all happened while the sync button kept spinning.

With the help of server support, I have already increased the “memory limit” from 128 MB to 512 MB because synchronization was initially not possible. But even now working on different computers is impossible.

I'm very new to the whole topic and am just trying to familiarize myself. Am I missing something here? Can anyone give me tips?

As another Evernote refugee I also have been also having problems with sync (in my case with webdav as the shared file repository). I'm somewhat disappointed that I can't get Joplin to work reliably .. a plethora of issues with images being lost, syncing not working properly so I'm afraid I'm having to consider finding an alternative and maybe I'll go back to Bear.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.