Slow first-time sync on android

Hello,

I have been using Joplin for a year now, roughly 300 notes, same number of attachements mostly pdfs, I sync from my Mac to the filesystem and then via syncthing to debian. No issues. Runs brilliantly and smooth.
Now I got a Android tablet and set up the sync.
The android is running the pre-release-version from github, 2.9.2. I set up the sync via syncthing, and then pointed the filsystem sync in joplin to that folder. And then I tapped sync.

Everytime the display goes off the sync stops, which I understand is the expected behaviour, but sooo not helpful! Every now and again it claims it is finished, but there are still notes missing. I tap sync again and more notes appear. I have been playing this game for roughly three hours now and there are still loads of notes missing. I trust they will eventually appear, but this process is painful.

Is there another way? Export on one device, import on another and then sync? Copy a database?
From what I have read the first time sync is taking a long time, but surely this is too long?

Also initially the sync in joplin didn't want to sync, because I was on a metered wifi. Surely that does not matter for the filesystem sync?

Thanks

Hi. You can paste the log on your tablet there or give us a pastebin link containing the log, then we can figure out what happened.

I cropped the log, it was getting to long. The sync finally finished an hour after posting.

https://pastebin.com/UDicsbw7

It is all working now. It's just that the initial sync was taking ages.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.