Simplest way to sync notes between Windows and Android?

Operating system

Android

Joplin version

Desktop version info

What issue do you have?

This is more of a general query so I wasn't sure how to tag it, but Support seems to be the closest fit so I'll go with that.

Here is my situation: I started using Joplin just this week. For now, all of my notes are on my Android device. I would like to be able to sync those notes between my Android device and my Windows device. I am, however, unsure of the best way to do so.

For starters, I should mention that I am not willing to use Dropbox or OneDrive. I would rather not have to pay for a subscription to Joplin Cloud, either, although I can settle for it if no other option is accessible to me.

I did have a look at the documentation, though it ultimately left me with more questions than answers. I can see that there are multiple options that don't involve using proprietary cloud platforms (WebDAV, Nextcloud, S3, etc.) but I have no prior knowledge of any of those technologies, and thus do not know what to go for.

Essentially, what I want to know is this: What is the simplest way to sync notes between Android and Windows without having to pay for a cloud service?

Some extra info that may be helpful:

• The only computer I have access to is a laptop running Windows 11
  • I have no prior experience with Linux
  • I can use the Terminal, although I am far from proficient with it

I would suggest using syncthing. Syncthing is available on both windows and android and can be used to synchronise folder between the devices. It synchronises whenever the device are in the same wifi. So no data on any external servers.

I found this thread, which explains how to set up joplin and syncthing:
Syncthing questions

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.