I have a few notes in Joplin, which I don't like getting uploaded anywhere, or on an unencrypted drive. So how do I do this ?
- in settings note history is always turned off
- one notebook holds all such notes - let's call it s-book
- usually they reside in a separate JEX container on a safe (encrypted) drive (not in Joplin)
- when I need to see them or edit them here is what I do - just a few steps:
- go offline
- import this JEX into my Joplin DB
- view my notes, edit, etc
- export the s-book back onto the same file location as before
- delete s-book
- go online (meaning allow Joplin to sync again)
This is clearly not a carefree, "automated solution", without the risk of making mistakes. But it works for me - it may not work for everybody. For notes which are really "sensitive", I do not use Joplin.