Right Click 'Add Subnotebook' Option Missing

I am currently using Joplin 1.0.227 (prod, win32) on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

I have been using Joplin for some time and remember a feature being added to support to add a subnotebook via right click. This option is no longer present. I can only right click and add a notebook and then move it to the notebook I would like it stored in.

Is there a a fix for this or a feature switch that was disabled? I was unable to find anything through the app.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. it is a must feature for me. I hope it is a bug only that will be fixed soon.

I figure out it that once you create a new notebook you can drag and drop under another notebook as a sub :slightly_smiling_face: . Needs a fix under right click menu as a sub-notebook option.

It’s a indeed a bug. The way command works has been changed in the recent releases and several regressions have already been found and fixed in the pre-release, but looks like there’s still this bug and another similar one that needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

Waiting for those fixes. I enjoy using Joplin.

Regards,

I really miss that function too to organize my information pool!

I'm having the same issue :confused: I've long been annoyed about the lack of a 'New sub-notebook' feature on the mobile app, and always considered this one of the major strengths of the desktop version (much easier to keep things organised when you can directly create sub-notebooks rather than needing to drag each new notebook to its place in the tree). Gutted to see it missing in this newest update, and hoping it'll be brought back sooner rather than later :crossed_fingers:t3: