Remote erase data from lost android device

Hi...
I wanted to know if there is a way to delete data from lost android mobile device.
Unfortunately, I do not know the version of Joplin, as I have been using and updating it regularly and well.. my mobile device did not lose.
The app on the mobile device is in sync with the desktop software used on the laptop. Sync is through NextCloud.

Please share any working solution, if there is any.

Thank you in advance.

This isn't possible with Joplin. But it should be possibly to remotely wipe the android device.

Remote wipe would indeed be the best solution. You could also try to sync with Nextcloud from another app, then delete all data and sync again.

That won't delete the data on mobile, but if someone opens the app, it will start deleting all notes via sync.

1 Like

Thanks for reply. Remote wipe android device is already done.

This sounds doable.
But I still did not understand completely.
You meant to create another nextclud account by saying "you could also try to sync with Nextcloud from another app" ? Or I need to sync what? with which other app?
Please explain.

Hes just saying a way that you could cause a remote wipe.

Basically if you have another app (like the desktop app) and you delete all your data & sync then next time the mobile app tries to sync (i.e. if somebody opens it) then it will start deleting everything on it.

Obviously you would want to make sure all of your data is backed up before you did that and you would want to make a new folder on your nextcloud so that the original app can no longer access it if you wanted to sync devices again.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. This is done. This method was easier than I thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks mate. This is done. This method was easier than I thought. :slightly_smiling_face:
Any one else having issues understanding what @laurent said like me.. please check the other marked solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.