Problem with encrypted sync betwee Mac and Linux Desktops

I have Joplin desktop on a Mac (Catalina) and an Ubuntu 20.04 machine. Both are running v1.0.216 and both have E2EE enabled.

However, when I edit a note on the Mac, it’s never decrypted on the Ubuntu machine and the log shows:

"DecryptionWorker: cannot start because no master key is currently loaded."

If I edit a note on the Ubuntu machine, I get this in the log:

"Error: Could not encrypt item <uuid>: No master key is defined as active. Check this: Either one or more master keys exist but no password was provided for any of them. Or no master key exist. Or master keys and password exist, but none was set as active.
Error: No master key is defined as active. Check this: Either one or more master keys exist but no password was provided for any of them. Or no master key exist. Or master keys and password exist, but none was set as active.

When I look in the settings, there are no keys listed and no option for me to provide a password or set anything to active.

I think you need to let sync run to completion, so that it downloads the master key.

Thanks, but I’ve tried that. I kicked off the sync from the Mac overnight and then synced Ubuntu this morning.

I’m now trying to disable the E2EE, syncing and starting again!