"Press to set the decryption password" never goes away even after it has been set

I have synced my notes with some difficulty via Dropbox on my Android phone, my iphone, and my Windows 10 PC.

However there's two things I'm confused about.

1. My android phone keeps showing the banner "Press to set the decryption password" even though it is set and it's correctly decrypting my notes. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

2. Is it normal to have multiple master keys shown in the encryption config? (It shows multiple on all my devices). On my PC (which shows the most information about the keys), it shows they have a difference "source":

• Source: net.cozic.joplin-desktop
  • Source: net.cozic.joplin-mobile

I just don't understand why from a cryptographic perspective you would need more than 1 encryption key. If one was accidentally made and not needed, how do I tell which one I can delete? (In fact, how do I even delete them?)

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

Joplin Windows version: 2.7.13 (prod, win32)
Joplin Android version: 2.7.2
Joplin IOS version 12.7.1

What do you sync with? And could you show a screenshot of the Android encryption screen?

I sync with Dropbox. I just followed the steps to authorize each of my devices with Dropbox (click the link, get the code, enter it, done).

Here's a picture of my phone's encryption screen.

Google Pixel 4a
Running Android 12

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.