Hey, recently while browsing some tech Twitter I found out that many twitter threads are really useful. It would be great if we can save them in Joplin.
Clipping the tweet page and then refining it:
- In this approach, we need to extract the needed info from the clipped page using Regex I guess.
- Markdown page unlike simplified page has a lot of unnecessary data but also some useful one like twitter handle etc.
- Personally, I would want account name (with link maybe?) only once at top of thread after clipping markdown page does provide it.
- Someone may want it to look just like it looks on Twitter, for that we may put it around pre-specified HTML.
- Maybe after clipping tweet/thread we can ask user if this is single tweet or thread?
- HTML clipping doesn't look great for both a single tweet and thread.
Twitter API can be used to retrieve tweets every time new tweets appear or manually with account to retrieve tweets from specified.
- For organizing tweets some ideas are, making a new note for every tweet, making new folder for everyday retrieval of tweets
We can also combine both the approaches. These are just ideas I wanted to put out here.
As I am working on 'Filtering for plugins' feature and also have exams from next week, I may not be able to give enough time for this, so in the meantime if anyone else wanted to work on this feel free to.