Non clickable links

After going to all the trouble of manually copying and pasting text from Mac Notes to Joplin (hours) I find out that links are not clickable. It's not the end of the world, but I must say this is very annoying.

I see this is an issue that goes way back, by looking at other posts.

If anybody has a new solution, please share.

What editor are you using? If you are using the rich-text editor it is CTRL+CLICK.

You know @tomatitotarifa, "all the trouble" and "(hours)" could be seen as an accusation, as if it was somebody else's fault, and such rarely gathers a lot of support when you start a support request.

To answer your questions, more information might be needed.
Did you just copy/paste, copy/paste as text (or without formatting) ?
And - what dpoulton meant - if you put your cursor inside the word or phrase where you are expecting a link and then do a -click or a - K, the link comes up.

You are correct, thank you for pointing that out. However, it is a strange behavior not being able to just click on a link just as everywhere else. The links were pasted from Mac Notes.

Someone just mentioned to do Ctr+Clck. That's an acceptable solution, but again, not sure why it is implemented like this. Not sure what you mean by "do a -click or a - K".

Thanks again

Just wan

I think it's likely because otherwise you wouldn't be able to edit the links easily (as clicking would always result in opening them). I personally would prefer to be at least able to open them through the right-click menu (which isn't possible currently, as selecting Open... there does absolutely nothing) or maybe open them upon a double-click (similarly to what applications like Notepad++ do). This way, it would be possible to easily open them with a mouse only (and on a touch screen as well).

Just for the record, this is all about the Rich Text editor.

Thank you. I'm trying to find where to get rid of rich text and use normal text, but don't know if that's possible.

Sorry fr the typo, I meant
the keyboard shortcut ctrl-K (with the cursor in the right position).