No cursor on empty rows / lines in markdown editor

Recently started experiencing this issue in the markdown editor where there is no cursor on an empty row. If I hit the spacebar to add a space or type any character, then the cursor appears since the row is no longer empty. Anyone else experience this?

I thought it might have something to do with Rich Markdown plugin, but same issue after disabling that plugin and restarting Joplin.

Config details:
Windows 10
Joplin 2.12.19 (prod, win32)

Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 43
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7081046

Automatic Backlinks to note: 3.0.3
Conflict Resolution: 1.2.3
Convert Text To New Note: 1.5.1
Favorites: 1.3.0
Folding in Code Mirror Editor: 2.0.1
Hotfolder: 1.1.0
Inline tags: 1.2.1
Inline TODO: 1.7.0
Insert Date: 1.0.1
JSheets: 1.1.3
Link Graph UI: 1.5.0
Markdown Table: Sortable: 1.2.2
Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Outline: 1.5.10
Quick Links: 1.2.4
Rich Markdown: 0.13.3
Simple Backup: 1.3.3
Table Formatter Plugin: 1.2.1

After playing around with disabling some of the many plugins I have installed and deleting a couple of them, this issue has gone away. Not sure which plugin or (more likely) combination of plugins was driving the issue, but if it appears again, I'll be more systematic (and write down all the testing) when trying to narrow down the issue to plugin or combination of plugins, and reopen the issue.

Edit: In case anyone has same issue and finds this thread, I narrowed it down to conflict between plugins: Persistent text folding in editor - #67 by jb261

It might also be due to spell checking and vim mode both being enabled. This has long been an issue with Joplin (or I guess the embedded editor).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.