Nextcloud Sync broken here

Gentoo Linux desktop 1.0.224
Android 1.0.333
Gentoo Linux desktop 1.0.224
Android 1.0.333

I attempted to debug as instructed, but the console didn’t return anything. Also, there was no log.txt in the config directory. Not sure if it’s important, but I am having to unpack the appimage due to permissions issues.

When attempting to sync with Nextcloud (now v. 19), I am getting an error in all of my clients:

Fetched items: 1/50.
Completed: 06/07/2020 12:05
Last error: Error: On file c1a52d6db46b4c89aa867971ba19e572.md: GET c1a52d6db46b4c89aa867971ba19e572.md: Could not open file (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable) (503): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“http://sabredav.org/ns”> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable</s:exception> <s:message>Could not open file</s:message> </d:error>

Before this, I was having difficulties using the “Nextcloud” sync option, but “WebDAV” worked OK.

Any ideas?

That’s because Nextcloud is broken. Nextcloud 19 has a bug that breaks WebDAV clients. It should be fixed in Nextcloud 19.0.1.

I can confirm that this is correct. All working again with 19.0.1.

So…it appears fixed for desktop, but I’m getting the same error now on Android (desktops are working now). I’ve uninstalled, and cleared storage, but same result.

1 Like

Hi, Nextcloud 19 has been released 2 months ago now, and a minor release 19.0.1 has been released. Is it safe to switch from 18.0.7 to 19.0.1 regarding Joplin sync ? What are the experiences here ? Thank you, I’m still hesitating, Bruno

Hi,
I reply to myself if anyone is interested: I switched from nextcloud 18 to 19.0.1 yesterday and everything is fine so far, for Joplin synchronization from a Mac and from iOS.
Best regards,
Bruno

1 Like

I get the same error with Nextcloud 20.0.4. The funny thing is that at home with the exact same settings Joplin syncs without a problem... At work I get the error below.

Completed: 13/01/2021 10:41

Last error: Error: GET .sync/version.txt: Could not open file (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable) (503): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns"> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable</s:exception> <s:message>Could not open file</s:message> </d:error>