Nextcloud WedDAV GET Error; Nextcloud and Joplin Confused

Version: 1.7.11
Sync: WebDAV over self-hosted Nextcloud 21.0.1
Errors on OS X and iOS

I have previously been able to sync E2EE Joplin notes via my self-hosted Nextcloud instance over WebDAV. My Nextcloud had a problem and I ended up dismounting my Veracrypt-encrypted "nextcloud_data_directory" drive and then remounting it to solve the problems.

Now Joplin has this sync error:

Last error: Error: GET 431b5a3251ec4de6a706ff9cdd925ffe.md: Could not open file (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable) (503): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns"> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable</s:exception> <s:message>Could not open file</s:message> </d:error>

If I take a look at 431b5a3251ec4de6a706ff9cdd925ffe.md in the Nextcloud web app, I can see it: it is an empty file with size <= 1 KB.

If I ssh into my Nextcloud instance and run sudo ls -l /mnt/external_drive/nextcloud_data_directory/user/files/joplin | grep 431b5a3251ec4de6a706ff9cdd925ffe.md, nothing appears. I've had other Veracrypt errors before with this instance so I wouldn't be surprised if the disk encryption had something to do with it.

However, If I delete 431b5a3251ec4de6a706ff9cdd925ffe.md in my Nextcloud web app, the file disappears (I don't know if it was actually "deleted") and the Joplin sync error goes away-- only to give an error for another empty markdown file. However, again, if I try to move the error file or copy it to another folder, Nextcloud says that it cannot do that. In fact, the Nextcloud logs show fopen PHP errors (No such file or directory at ...), as well as fatal webdav errors (Could not open file) related to 431b5a3251ec4de6a706ff9cdd925ffe.md. It seems there is a discrepancy between what Nextcloud and Joplin know about the markdown files.

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like a problem on your server - either Nextcloud or Veracrypt. Perhaps you'd be better off starting from scratch: export your notes to JEX, wipe the profile, wipe the dir on the server, import your notes and set up sync again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.