Nextcloud Notes Folder

Hello There,

I’ve tried to sync Joplin between my Mac and my phone using Onedrive and was getting strange errors in the Mac, reading this forum I read that Nextcloud is a more viable alternative. I’ve made a account in nextcloud and I’m find it very cool. But there is a thing that I don’t know how to change: All the my Joplin notes and infos are being sync to the root folder of my NextCloud account, I’m finding this confusing. The normal would be to all my Joplin stuff be inside a exclusive Joplin folder and can’t find where I could change this. At the Joplin app preferences doesn’t seems to have any kind of config to change this.

Could any give me a light? Thanks

Create a folder called notes within your Nectcloudaccount, than add to you Webdav adress the following: /notes/
Everything should work then.

Hello, Debiante. Thanks for the answer.

I’ve tried that, but I’m getting this error:

Completado: 15/01/2020 16:57

Último erro: Error: MKCOL .sync/: Parent node does not exist (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\Conflict) (409): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“”> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\Conflict</s:exception> <s:message>Parent node does not exist</s:message> </d:error>

What could it be?

I’ve created the folder, and it is synced with the server already



By the way,

I've found what I was initially look for :-/

Nextcloud sync is not working:link:

1 Like

A tip.

If you want to keep your sync folder out of sight on Nextcloud, put a full stop before your Joplin folder name when you create it on Nextcloud and use that as the sync target, such as:

In “Settings” for the Nextcloud “Files” app you can set Nextcloud not to display hidden folders, hiding your sync folder. I did that as I use E2EE and so there is no reason to access the Joplin sync folder directly on the Nextcloud box (not that it’s a good idea even if the notes aren’t encrypted). It also makes the sync folder harder to accidentally delete or modify if it’s hidden!!


Great Tip, thanks

I had the same issue when using Postman for some tests. It appeared that after I removed the cookies from the former request (creating a folder with other user login) it worked. So in my case it were the cookies that seemed to overrule the login values given with the request.