Mind Map

There is a plug-in now to edit mindmaps within Joplin:

It includes them into the markdown like an image:
![mindmap](:/50354ce91b024cdaa129c702e4b8d2c2).
and is based on GitHub - fex-team/kityminder-editor: Powerful Mindmap Editing Tool.
At least that core component has markdown support (import/export as far as I was able to find out with automatic translation from Chinese). In the plugin I didn't find this export yet.

Therefore it covers:

• Mindmap-editing within Joplin (maybe only desktop), even within a note. In the moment this is a flavour of using plantuml (or other diagram toolkit) for creating mindmaps, without the mindmap's data (in the case of plantuml in plantuml's syntax options) within the markdown file.

Still not available (but maybe possible):

• getting the content of the mindmap available as markdown.
    This plugin provides the chance to get markdown out, as its core component supports that. I set up a feature request to extend it with the exporting Export the mindmap data to markdown etc. #8.
  • visualization of existing markdown notes as mindmaps.
    Maybe this could be done through the markdown-import capability of the plugin's core component. I asked for an extention towards this, too: As mindmap viewer/editor for existing markdown notes
  • editing of existing markdown notes as mindmaps
    Risky, as with most Rich-Text Markdown editors, as they should not corrupt the existing markdown. But not impossible! (included in the upper feature request as a potential extension).

So far, my updates to this discusion...

1 Like