MemoInjo - stick a memo on any website and store/sync via Joplin

Hello,

I want to share my chrome extension here (the Firefox version is coming soon). It is MemoInjo. It could stick a memo on any website and store/sync via Joplin. Simply press the icon of MemoInjo at the extension toolbar (top-right corner) in Chrome. It will show a memo editor for the browsing website. You may create a summary or a task list associated with a website easily.

MemoInjo is not a web clipper that could capture only once. You could reopen the same memo for the same URL. And thank the sync feature of Joplin, you may access the memo across different computers.

The link:

Setup (similar to the Joplin Web Clipper)

1. Install the extension
  2. Open Joplin
  3. Go to Web Clipper Options and follow the instruction.
  4. In the toolbar of the browser, press the button of MemoInjo
  5. It will ask you to grant permission in Joplin.
  6. Switch back to Joplin and grant the permission.

Then it is ready to use.

I use it to manage the tasks associated with a website (e.g Github). And I will also use it to help to write slides in Google Slide (e.g leave a comment/todo on a specific page)

I hope you like it. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to tell me.

15 Likes

Really cool. Hope it will come for Firefox soon.

5 Likes

Hi @benlau

It could be interesting to indicate in chrome when a site has already been seen and a note is already associated. In the way of Promnesia :thinking:

3 Likes

Is it possible to add a confirmation button? I would like to preview the content before adding it to the notebook. thanks

1 Like

Do you mean to change the icon in the toolbar? I think it is possible. Let's me drop down into the pending feature list.

hmm.., somehow I would like to avoid using a confirm button as it take extra clicking on writing note.

What if I add a feature (which could be turn on / off via options)

1. Dim the color on all the text if the note are not created yet
  2. Set focus in the editor area
  3. If user press any key, it will create the note. And the text color returns to normal.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Yes, why not. Good idea !

That sounds good.

I hit another issue. It does not seem to list the newly added folders. It is not showing me new Joplin subnotebooks after I added the extension.

Very nice extension. Thanks. BTW, it also works on my browser of choice, Opera.

1 Like

Love it, works fine - as others have suggested a change of colour to indicate a note is associate with a URL would be great if possible. When do you think you will be able to offer the Firefox version?

Thanks for your efforts.

We could even imagine that the icon changes color and indicates with a small badge how many notes are concerned

Firefox is supported now!

8 Likes

Thanks for this useful addon for Firefox. Do you have plans to adapt it also for the android version?

Awesome, works really well in Firefox. If you could get it to have a different colour when there is a note that would be perfection!

1 Like

Thanks for this useful addon for Firefox. Do you have plans to adapt it also for the android version?

Unfortunately that it will be difficult to write for Android because data api provided by Joplin is not supported in Android..

hmmm.. I just find that this feature is not doable unless I request new permission to "Access your data on all website". It seems to be a bit scary for users.

I hit another issue. It does not seem to list the newly added folders. It is not showing me new Joplin subnotebooks after I added the extension.

Sorry, I have missed your message. I have tested but I couldn't reproduce your problem. In theory, it won't happen as I never cache the folder structure. What is your Joplin version?

1 Like

Ok, I will test it with the latest version of the extension and Joplin then. I use Joplin and the extension on Windows 11, Chromium.

Yes it is for sure an advanced permission but having confidence in both Joplin and your extensions I will not oppose it. I don't know what others think?

Hi @benlau

Would you consider the following request?
It would be interesting to have an option to create a todo in Joplin and not just a note. What do you think about this?

1 Like