I imported ENEX files as Markdown, using Joplin 1.7.11 on Windows 10. I set up sync to Dropbox.
There are two issues:
commas in note titles have been replaced with "undefined" (minor - I can live with this).
Many notes titles have been replaced with "Untitled Note" (critical issue for me).
I will raise on github but wanted to talk about it first. Are these known or familiar issues at all?
UPDATE: I just checked the ENEX file and the Untitled notes are in there too. I will take this up with Evernote.
For the comma issue, could you please provide an example of ENEX file showing this bug?
Example ENEX attached, containing subset of notes: two "undefined" (where commas should be) and one "Untitled Note".
example.enex (1.1 KB)
Details of the latest Evernote app, where the problem occurred:
It appears this version has a bug where it corrupts exported notes.
I'll try exporting from an older version of Evernote next.
I installed Evernote Legacy version 220.127.116.1198, and neither issue is present in the exported data, huzzah!
My mind started working more efficiently when I explained the issue to someone else. Much gratitude, kind comrades.
Indeed it looks like a bug in Evernote as the ENEX file itself has the "undefined" string:
<title>Book: Raising Boysundefined by Stephen Biddulph</title>
<title>Addresses To Update When We Move House (movingundefined letters)</title>
Thank you @laurent. I have found the apps and the community really efficient! It is such a lovely and refreshing experience.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.