Mail to joplin

Good evening, it is probably a trivial question but there is already an add-on for thunderbird to send mail directly to Joplin or is it not yet realized?

No, this does not exist yet.

But someone could use the web clipper code to get going. Instead of a web page, it just clips the body of the message, uses the subject as note title, ....

1 Like

Tanks a lot

In the Apps category there are a few examples on how to do this: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/c/apps/11

1 Like

Hi,
suggesting another way: Linking mails to a note.

That's be done, using Thunderbird's .eml-files.
The right one can be found in the SQLite database of thunderbird, located in the user profile (roaming/.../global-messages-db.sqlite).
First you've to create a view e.g. in an SQLite browser:

CREATE VIEW message_files AS
SELECT messages.ID,datetime(messages.date /1000000, 'unixepoch') as received_date,
replace(replace(
replace(folderURI,'/','.sbd/'),
'mailbox:.sbd/.sbd/nobody@Local%20Folders.sbd','file:///E:/Dokumente/Thunderbird/Local Folders-maildir'),
'imap:.sbd/.sbd/kaidirks@imap.web.de.sbd/INBOX','file:///E:/Dokumente/Thunderbird/ImapMail/imap.web.de-maildir/INBOX/cur/')|| headerMessageID || '.eml' as file
FROM (messages inner JOIN folderLocations ON messages.folderID = folderLocations.id)

Just modify where needed.
After that, look for the datetime of the certain mail in thunderbird and than in the SQLite-db, searching in the just created view and copy&paste the data from field with name 'file' as working link into your note.

Kai

If you want to link a mail in a note, you can use cb_thunderlink

1 Like

Is there anything like this for Joplin?

Save emails into Evernote

With an Evernote paid subscription, you can save emails directly into Evernote (up to 200 daily) using your unique Evernote email address. Save your travel reservations, email announcements, weekly automated reports, or anything you receive as an email, to Evernote, and access them from anywhere.

So far, I haven't found anything.

I think "Mail to Joplin" could be an excellent feature for Joplin Cloud. IMHO Mail-to-Joplin-Cloud would have benefits for users and the project:

• It's mail client agnostic – even works on mobile
  • It's super simple to use
  • It's a great USP for Joplin Cloud

Oh, and thanks for creating this awesome tool, Laurent.
I have just migrated from EN via Obsidian to Joplin and I love it. :smile:

1 Like

We actually plan to add this relatively soon!

3 Likes

Great! :ok_hand:

Isn't this sort of thing what the email plugin was designed to do?

It works differently. What I have in mind is sending an email to a special address, and that will add the note to your note collection.

3 Likes