Just a question 'bout pins

I don't know if I'm supposed to leave that text below the scroll and read command... So I did.

My question is, if I'm on a website and I want to take notes, can I pin Joplin to stay on top?

Right now I highlight something to copy, paste it in Joplin, find something else to copy and when I click to highlight Joplin goes to the back. So I highlight the text, go to the taskbar to open Joplin again, paste it in, repeat.

I know I can split the window but I don't want to do that. I want the full page and my notes on top so I can easily go back and forth.

I don't know if this question goes here. If there's a better place kindly let me know for next time.

Since I'm not complaining about anything I don't think you need the version number.

[SCROLL AND READ BEFORE POSTING]

For bug reports, please post them on GitHub - Issues · laurent22/joplin · GitHub
If you are not sure if it's a bug or not, PLEASE POST ON GITHUB ANYWAY.
If you post a bug report here, we cannot track it and there's a chance it won't be looked at and fixed.

For other support queries please indicate:

• The version you are using. LATEST VERSION is not a version number!
  • If it is a sync issue, please let us know what you are syncing with.
  • If you report a problem with upgrading, please let us know both versions (from/to).
  • If you report a problem with the editor, please tell us which editor you are using (WYSIWYG/Markdown).
  • The operating system you are using.

Posts that do not at least state the version number and operating system will not be answered.

Would the Webclipper be some help for you? Joplin Web Clipper | Joplin

Which operating System do you have? (Windows, Linux, Mac?)
Under Windows there are plenty of programs that can pin apps to the top, like Microsoft PowerToys.

1 Like

If you are on Windows, Microsoft has free software called Power Tools. It has loads of good stuff. One is the ability to keep one window always on top. Works great.

I doubt Joplin could implement this since it might be different for each operating system. But I'm just guessing.

On Linux, specifically Kubuntu / KDE, right-click on the window title bar. Select "More Actions" and then "Keep Above Others". Other distros may have something similar.

kubuntu

Edit:

For Linux Mint and Ubuntu you can right-click on the title bar and select the option "Always on Top"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.