Joplin Web - Web application companion for Joplin

yes, could be an entry point

A Nextcloud App would be great, then i would probably switch from carnet to joplin

3 posts were split to a new topic: Joplin API in Nextcloud (prototype)

@foxmask anyway you could request official packages being made for Arch based distros? One of the major annoyances of the way they handle packages: all python modules must be handled by their packaging manager (pacman). Pip is usable to install modules but can and does break multiple packages if any of the depencies pulled are used by other packages. Itā€™s the only language specific manager Iā€™ve noticed that has this issue too.

itā€™s wrong

python virtualenv allow you to run anything at the user level and everything is isolated. this ensures to avoid breaking the python install at the system level.

I didn't know that. Thanks. When i get home, I'll mess around with that. :relaxed:

I suggest you to wait after Joplin Web API for Nextcloud if you use Nextcloud.

I'm good there. Using pcloud but i did see about the Nextcloud changes. :relaxed:

Is there currently a way to use Dropbox sync, or is there a plan to integrate that in the future?

the project uses what Joplin uses. this is just a front interface, no more or less

Thanks. I managed to set everything up, but I cannot find a way to get the webclipper token, and without it, nothing seems to work. I have Joplin running only as a headless server, so I donā€™t have any GUI. Can you tell me how to get the token?

the webclipper token is in Joplin > Tools > Webclipper

Well, I know that that is the case in the desktop application, but I only have access to the terminal version and the headless server. How do I find the token there?

sqlite3 ~/.config/joplin-desktop/database.sqlite
sqlite> select * from settings where key = 'api.token';
api.token|10bc0121f7caae37cd41dd748f098ae1f542487b2e2c2cc4f241e8a5f44e8cce67fe250f6a702976ff473ed94153738af36948e11382ff718cc0fe94d3b96be3

adjust the path of your SQLITE database

I did not find any option from the joplin terminal version to display it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the help and sorry for bugging you so much. I have it running now and it actually works quite nicely.

The only problem I have is that itā€™s not protected in any way, so anyone with the IP can access my notesā€¦ Is there a way to enable something like this? Iā€™m not actually familiar with vue or anything, unfortunately.

Edit: I also noticed that the attachments donā€™t seem to work - any idea why that may be?

The protection could be done with authentication on the HTTP server.
About attachments, I donā€™t know, may be the path set to the var JOPLIN_RESOURCES is wrong.

Hello everybody. Anybody knows how to sync in the Joplin-Web app or we have to do it via cron?

joplin should sync stuff once you saved the content in joplin-web

@foxmask Sir, when you use VUE for your app. Is there any library that is not properly supported, or any difficulty you face in vue. and do you think all the features of joplin and libraries that it needs has proper support from the community of vue?

I feel the reason of that question behind all of that :slight_smile:
I used libs that should be supported. I don't like being tied hand and foot with a lib that will die and so my project too.
You can have a look at the requirements I put in the README.md for the VueJS part:

VueJS2 with :
    Vuex
    vuex-map-fields
    axios
    marked
    dompurify
    jsdom
    js-cookie
    bootstrap-vue

that's not so many and they are not dead yet :wink: