Joplin-vieweb: a simple web viewer/editor for Joplin notes

You're probably right. I don't really know difference between katex and latex...
Indeed I used katex library... I will update the readme: if it doesn't speak to me, it will speak to those who use it.

It seems katex is just the js library to render latex. Si finally, the product renders latex, user doesn't really care it's done with katex? Don't you think @MrKanister ?

But I renamed to KaTeX: maybe it deosn't handle the full LaTeX language...

Katex as I understand is a subset of Latex, used to render math formulas only. Currently Joplin indeed doesn't support the full Latex language.

1 Like

Yes, it doesn't handle the full LaTeX syntax...maybe this article helps?

1 Like

Hello.

I communicate on a bug fix which was quite impacting (at least for me and my data):
I fixed bug when attachment is too large, note edition silently fails.

Released on v2.2.2.

3 Likes

Great work! Just to be clear, you need to have nginx running on the same vm/pc if you want to use the docker-compose-joplin-only.yml file? I have nginx running on another vm and can't seem to get joplin-vieweb running.

Hello.
I think you can have a setup with a "front nginx" on another vm than the one running the docker compose joplin only file.
You should expose the port on the docker compise file as explained here.

You can contact me with one of this methods to go further if needed.

1 Like

Thank you! I haven't been able to configure it properly so I opened a discussion on github :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hello !
A small release V2.2.3.
It fixes 2 bugs:

• the date of last synchro was UTC, now it's expessed in your timezone.
  • The paragraphs in note view had a too big line-height. Now paragraphs are more compact (normal).
1 Like

Hello.
A small release V2.3.0 which brings webdav synch target.

1 Like

Hi there.

It's been a long time: a small release that brings the search for notes:
V2.4.0

• Press f key, or click magnifying glass icon
  • Search syntax: documented here or here.
3 Likes