Joplin Server: Unable to Share Notebook

Hello All,

Hopefully a quick question regarding sharing notebooks using Joplin Server. I am looking to share a few notebooks to my laptop, however when I attempt to share a notebook, there are no Recipients to share the notebook to. Am I missing something here? I am trying to follow: Share notebooks and collaborate on them using Joplin Server 2.0

I have the synchronization with Joplin Server configured and the Check Sync Config comes back successful.

I am attempting to share the notebooks on my Linux Desktop running v2.7.13, and Joplin Server v2.7.4 is running on Rocky Linux.

Thank you!

You mean you have no recipient box when you click on 'Share Notebook'? That would be strange. For example, on my own Joplin Server setup it works out-of-the-box without a fuss.

Thanks for the reply. I do have the recipient box, however I have no recipients in the box.

Of course you don’t. :slight_smile: You need to enter the recipient’s email, then hit enter, then it will be shared. Simple as that.

Thanks for the reply! I think this was user error. If I recall I believe I was trying to use the username, instead of the email address for the user.

Side question: I've noticed that it takes quite some time for 'Synchronizing...' to complete just after opening the 'Share Notebook' dialog box. Do you have this behaviour as well? Until the sync is complete, I'm not able to enter the user's email address. Not a huge deal, but seems a bit odd. I'm seeing it take up to a few minutes to 'Sync'.

No, it certainly doesn’t take that much time at all, never experienced it.

1 Like

It should sync before you try to share, but normally it's quick. However if you haven't synced in a while it could take a long time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.