Joplin Cloud wipe possible?

I have a major problem - somehow I made an error in creating encryption key password, and now, I cannot follow the "delete encryption key" directions because I have Joplin Cloud.

So, even after I follow the directions here:

and completely delete the ~/user/.config "starting over" on macOS, as soon as I setup Joplin Cloud and synchronize, the "old" data comes back. Trying the Re-Upload didn't actually work it uploaded and then downloaded resulting in 2 copies of every notebook and the bad keys.

How can I wipe Joplin Cloud and do a true start over? I misunderstood or mismanaged the end-to-end encryption directions when using Joplin Cloud (whether to create key before or after setting up Joplin Cloud sync). In addition I forgot to click save in my password manager and don't have the original randomly generated E2EE password/key, so I cannot use E2EE on a new device, as well as having multiple keys and the banner warning.

Joplin clearly warns against this but it would be nice to be able to truly "start over" easily in Joplin Cloud and Joplin, decrypting, deleting old E2EE keys/passwords, and creating a new key/password from scratch.

Kindly see cross-post of this issue at Delete E2EE Master Keys - #64 by o5t6iaqo7