Is 3.02 prelease for portable or just desktop?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.14.20 (prod, win32)

Client ID: a711e282b0334baaa405d48860c2859b
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 46
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: cfd98e3

Backup: 1.4.0
Create and go to tags and @notebooks: 1.3.7
Inline tags: 1.3.0
Joplin DDDot: 0.4.2
Quick Links: 1.3.2
Tag Links: 0.1.0

What issue do you have?

I am using portable 2.14 version. It asked if I wanted to update to the pre-release 3.02. I downloaded the pre release. I opened the pre release program. However, my notes do not appear in the pre-release version. My 2.14 portable program is still in my D drive and works fine with notes appearing. I see there is a Joplin program in my C drive. It is the pre-release desktop program I just installed. Maybe there is no pre-release 3.02 portable version? Is that why I am having this problem?

After downloading the new release, copy it and replace the old JoplinPortable.exe, in the same drive/folder from where you were running Joplin (Close Joplin before, if it is running).

(Personaly, I rename and keep the old .exe, just in case something goes wrong with a new release)

I am having a little bit of trouble. I get a error message on opening the (pre-release) joplin.exe file having copied it to the D drive and renamed the portable. exe file. Message is attached.

I checked the joplin portable D drive for this dll file, and it is there. I attach it.

That looks like the PortableApps distribution so you should check with them. We don't currently manage this release