Introducing Tolu-Mals

Hello Community,

My name is Tolulope Malomo. I'm currently studying computer science (penultimate year) at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria.

I have a little experience contributing to open source, which includes contributing 1 pull request for a small feature at last year's Hactoberfest. I'm excited about the opportunity to contribute to Joplin this year, I think It'll be fun.

I have some experience in:

• HTML
  • CSS, SASS
  • Javascript, Typescript
  • React.js, Redux (redux-toolkit), Material UI
  • React testing library, Cypress
  • Node.js, Express
  • UI/UX design and graphics design.

My github is github.com/Tolu-Mals

4 Likes

Hi there,
Welcome to the community.
Would you mind sharing which bug you are going to work / you are working on?

thx & good luck to you

1 Like

Hello,

I plan on fixing these high priority bugs:

• When setting a note alarm, the date and hour text is invisible (white on white) #6234

• Beta editor keyboard is gray even in dark mode #5775

I'm learning the basics of React Native at the moment. I'm already familiar with React.

1 Like

Hi there,
you are doing?
Are you getting along well?
Any help required on how to read Joplin's codebase and how to fix an issue easily?

good luck

Hi, thanks for checking on me.

I've been able to set up the development environment.

I was having issues running joplin on an android emulator, it was very slow. I'm using a physical device now.

The codebase looks very intimidating :sweat_smile: , but I think I'm gradually making progress. I'm particularly having issues understanding how redux is implemented in the codebase.

I'm attempting to fix issues related to the android mobile app now ( I don't have a macbook so I can't work on the ios app ).

2 Likes

Update:

I was able to fix this #6026.

I just submitted a proposal draft for the tablet layout idea. It's a work in progress. I decided to submit that for review first while I finish the rest of the proposal as soon as I can.

Thank you.

3 Likes

keep in mind the deadline is today

1 Like

Thank you. I've submitted the completed proposal.

I just found out that my proposal for google summer of code was accepted!

I'd like to thank all the mentors for their help so far and for giving me the opportunity to contribute to Joplin as part of gsoc. I'm really grateful for the opportunity :grin:.

7 Likes

Congratulations on getting accepted, I'm looking forwards to working with you and helping out this summer.

1 Like

Thank you!