Input box obscures text while typing

as in the picture
joplin ni'hao

In other software everything works fine like below

Version 2.9.2
图片

This might be a CodeMirror issue. Please test with the editors on the following pages:

The markdown editor in the desktop app is currently based on CodeMirror 5. It may eventually be upgraded to CodeMirror 6.

How should I test, is it like the picture below?

Yes! Like that. From the screenshot, it looks like the input box works with CodeMirror 6. Does it work with CodeMirror 5?

I think he is working fine, although there are some differences

1 Like

So, how can I solve it, I don't know if the 2.8 version has this problem, is it a small problem with the new version 2.9.2?
Looking forward to a solution.

What happens if the edge of the CodeMirror 5 editor gets near the edge of the screen (e.g.

For me (on Linux), I'm getting a slight overlap...

I don't know if the 2.8 version has this problem, is it a small problem with the new version 2.9.2?

If this is a bug in CodeMirror 5, version 2.8 would also have this issue.

The rich text editor (open by clicking the
Screenshot: Arrow pointing to edit icon to the right of M downarrow icon icon) might not have this issue.

( I'm not sure when an upgrade to CodeMirror 6 will happen for the desktop app — while it should fix this issue (and some screen-reader related issues), it might break Joplin plugins that interact with the markdown editor. As such, it might take a while for this issue to be fixed :frowning: . )

2 Likes

It may be related to the font, but it seems that the occlusion problem does exist.
I just re-downloaded version 2.8, the problem has not been solved, it seems that your guess is correct.

1 Like

The rich text editor is fine, however I don't use it.