Increase to the Joplin Cloud Basic subscription

We would like to inform you about an upcoming change to your Joplin Cloud Basic subscription. The price of this subscription will go from 1.99€ to 2.99€ per month. This price will apply from 1 September 2023 for new users, and from 1 September 2024 (one year later) if you already have a subscription.

The initial price was set about two years ago when Joplin Cloud was launched and was sufficient at that time. However, since then the service has been growing, and we now also have a talented team who works on both Joplin Cloud and the open source project. Additionally we continuously invest in the infrastructure to keep the service performant and reliable.

Furthermore, we have recently relocated to France. This transition has resulted in additional expenses, including the need to pay VAT and other legal obligations in France. The inflation in Europe doesn't help either! Thus we are unfortunately compelled to increase this price.

This change however is reflected in new Joplin features - besides the many improvements to the open source apps since Joplin Cloud was launched, we also plan to add new features to the Basic account. For example, we have recently added a features to allow Pro accounts to share notebooks with Basic ones, and more are coming.

Thank you very much for supporting Joplin for the past few years, the project wouldn't exist without you!

13 Likes

Wow, that's about a 50% increase. If it were any other app, I'd complain and maybe pull my subscription. But Joplin is one app I want to support. It's been a huge help to me in my studies and work.

1 Like

That's one way to look at it. The other is it's only a 1€ ($1.10 USD) increase. It's still a bargain for a high quality product.

2 Likes

You're right. I'm on a limited, fixed income, and so any increase hits me harder. Still, I do think Joplin is worth every penny.

Fair enough. I can see that being a concern.

When compared to the price hikes Evernote has had, this increase doesn't seem that bad.

1 Like

Thank you all for your understanding. It's not something that we take lightly but it was hard to avoid at this point. Really appreciate your continuous support!