Since there are some people suffering from UI performance reported in the previous topic, I propose an activity to improve UI performance of Joplin.
- To make more people feel comfortable with the UX.
- To make more people affordable to use plugins.
- Judging from the collected information in the previous topic, I estimate the time of note-switching will be halved without any practical loss of maintainability.
- This activity focuses on the UI response, especially on note-switching. Other performances such as sync are out of the scope.
- The degree of improvement would be limited to what can be achieved by fixing performance bugs and making small tweaks. Drastic performance improvement would need fundamental changes, but, it would take long time and won't benefit users right away.
Relevant issues and technical analysis will be reported in this issue or bug-specific issues.
Current (2022-05-03) Status:
- Ready to be merged
- Demo branch is prepared. (detail).
- 2x to 4x faster (= comfortable for most PCs) (detail)