How to switch to a new smartphone?

I have performed steps 1 and 2 as you suggest, but step 1 probably isn't necessary.
I just realized that, since my files are stored on Dropbox, I can just "Rewind this folder" if something goes wrong.
My big problem is to recreate the correct configuration n the new device. As you say, this would be easy if I could just copy the configuration file. Is there no way to do this?
As it is, I am going through the options one by one and comparing them between devices, but I am not sure I remember my "master password" correctly. What happens if I get it wrong?

P.S. False alarm: my old phone had "Master password: Loaded" but "Encryption is: Disabled". My new phone now says the same and the "Master Key" agrees between the two devices, which suggests to me that I entered the correct master password. However, the new phone has an orange bar at the top that says "Press here to set the decryption password". I am afraid to enter one for fear of now encrypting everything. How can I get rid of the prompt?
Synchronization appears to have downloaded all my notes and also "Created remote items: 9".
This puzzles me, because the only new thing I see is the notebook "Welcome (Mobile)" containing 5 items.

P.P.S. After reviewing my earlier thread, "Deliver me from encryption hell!", I realized that I must have entered the master password incorrectly. After reentering it correctly, the orange bar went away, without turning on encryption.

1 Like