How to reset default CSS file?

Using Joplin 2.8.8 on MacOS (12.5.1). I was trying different user CSS (Joplin-wide app styles), and then totally deleted all the text from the CSS file. Everything is fine except on the lefthand sidebar, I can't read the notebook names, as the text is black against dark gray background. Using the Light theme.

Is there default CSS text I should have left in the CSS file? Is there a place to copy or download the contents of the CSS file? Or any other ideas why my sidebar's CSS is off?

There isn't anything stored in there by default, it should be empty apart from a single comment line.
What happens if you swap the themes around?

There isn't anything stored in there by default, it should be empty apart from a single comment line.
What happens if you swap the themes around?

Ah, single comment line sounds familiar now that you mention it. I just tried switching to a few other themes (dark, solarized light, etc) and sidebar still impossible to read when I switch back to Light theme.

Is there a way to clear cache, or just restart app?

You just restart the app. I don't suppose you have any plugins installed that might be messing with the UI?

Right, tried restarting, no luck. No plugins installed.

Silly question but have you restarted it fully? As in it hasn't just minimised up to the system tray (or whatever it is called on macOS).

Otherwise I'd suggest deleting the electron cache but I don't know where that is actually stored on macOS (or if there is one?). Might also be worth restarting the whole computer if you haven't already.

I restarted my Mac, and issue persisted. But I checked the CSS sheet again, and after the restart it was filled with the last CSS code I had tried. The CSS sheet had appeared blank prior to the restart, as I cut out all the code. The restart must have cleared a cache that was mistakenly showing that blank.

Thanks for the help @Daeraxa!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.