Might need a little help with no-longer-supported CSS file

Operating system

macOS

Joplin version

What issue do you have?

I have switched from v2.14.22 to 3.0.12 yesterday. And not a surprise, my simple valuable CSS file (userchrome.css) went bust. I have been using it to condense the number of lines in the noteslist and sidebar. This ain't a problem with Joplin or a bug, of course, but I would still like to have it back. Is anybody knowledgeable enough to see where it went wrong (what v3 no longer supports ...) ?
My userchrome.css is (or should I say was) this :

• For styling the entire Joplin app (except the rendered Markdown, which is defined in userstyle.css) */

div.list-item-container {
height: 22px !important;
}

div.list-item-container > a {
font-size: 14px !important;
}

div.todo-list-item > div {
height: auto !important;
}

div.note-list-item {
height: 22px !important;
}

div.title > span {
font-size: 14px;
}

div.sidebar {
background-color: #000099 !important;
}

What I get using it : missing lines in the noteslist, and scrolling doesn't help.
What I get not using it : a lot of screen-space wasted.
Thanks !!!

Have you seen Dead area at the bottom of notebook list when trying to condense spacing using CSS?

2 Likes

The sidebar fixes linked above work since Joplin statically loads all notebook list items.

However, Joplin dynamically loads a subset of note list items based on default item height. Enlarging the subset or statically loading all items would prevent dead space when using shorter item heights.

1 Like

No I didn't see it, adding it to the top of the userchrome file solves the problem. Is there any way to know whether this is just a temporary fix ?
Sorry for my ignorance in the matter :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.