Templates: 2.4.0
Text Colorize: 1.2.3
To Google Search: 1.0.0
turnToChart: 1.9.3
Victor: 1.0.1

Sync target

OneDrive

What issue do you have?

This is a very basic question and my apologies for my lack of technical knowledge. I have the backup plug-in installed, and have chosen the file that Joplin will sync with on my Onedrive. However, if I need to back up how do I actually do it? On the Onedrive the folder that I have chosen to sync are the following options: 1)A folder with a twelve digit number
2)A folder with the word Profile
3) all_notebooks.jex

I'm loving Joplin so far, however I'm finding the lack of directions regarding how to use the backup (for a non tech-savvy user like myself) a big problem.

The backup plugin is provided by "another user", and yet it provides good instructions on github. For every plugin it's github page open by clicking on the title in the Joplin settings.
What I am trying to say, please don't "find the lack of .... sth" a big problem, before exploring ... a little further.

The backup plugin does not sync, it creates a backup (your 2nd sentence makes no sense).
For the most simple instructions on how to back up:
goto -> menu bar -> settings -> backup ... change the settings to your liking. I think they are completely self-explanatory.

The developer of the plugin may have a different view.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I agree, the goto -> menu bar -> settings -> backup ... and then changing the settings are self explanatory. Everything else in the app so far is self explanatory also. What I am having problems with is the steps needed to retrieve the data from the backup plugin. So just say I have deleted some notebooks or notes by mistake, where do I go or what do I do to retrieve them? Thanks.

1 Like

Follow these instructions from the plugin's Github page to restore data from the plugin: GitHub - JackGruber/joplin-plugin-backup: A plugin to extend Joplin with a manual and automatic backup function.

1 Like

Thank you for that information! It was exactly what was needed. All good now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.