GSoC Idea - Sharing on mobile

this is the topic in regard to the above-mentioned topic.
Anything on how to do this, how it shall be done, what features in shell include etc. is discussed here if an existing topic hasn’t been created yet, see idea description below.
Your interest in this idea shall be announced here, otherwise, it gets easily lost as we would need to remember each introduction.

This topic is used to update the specification of the idea as well, even if there is an existing topic, so interested students, watch it!
Anything that shell be discussed privately as e.g. if it involves your proposal will be discussed through a private channel what is currently in discussion.

As of the moment, I’m writing this, the idea’s description of https://joplinapp.org/gsoc2020/ideas.html#4-sharing-on-mobile is:

The mobile application allows sharing text from any application to Joplin. However it is not currently possible to share images or to share selected text with Joplin. We would like to allow sharing an image or file from any application to Joplin. And to allow selecting some text in an application (in a browser for instance) and share it with Joplin

Expected Outcome: Share images and selected with Joplin

Difficulty Level: Moderate
Platforms: Mobile (iOS and Android)
Skills Required: JavaScript; React; React Native
Potential Mentor(s): CalebJohn, laurent22
More info: Mobile - Add share menu #876

1 Like

I have studied some basics of adding images from the gallery into the app. It is done basically with a react native image picker library

Through integrating the react native share library the joplin app can appear in the share menu apps list. I really want to contribute through GSoC for the Joplin Organization. If you find my suggested way preferable I could come up with the proposal in detail.