"Goto Anything..." should return folder names

I am using folders and subfolders as Goals to be enacted. A Goal Folder contains the tasks that are required to meet that goal. One of my subfolders is "20200323 Tuesday" and the tasks/notes contained within that folder are my current focus for that day.

If I have no To-dos nor Notes that contain the text "Tuesday",
then performing a "Goto Anything..." op on "Tuesday" does not return a link to that folder. Is it the purpose of Goto Anything to only result in notes, as indicated on the help? The search bar also does not return hits on folder names (I'm not sure if the search bar is the same as GoTo Anything).

I suggest either
(1) renaming "Goto Anything..." to properly reflect the fact that it does not go to folders, or
(2) add functionality to add folder hits on queries to the returned result set.

Thanks. I'm enjoying this app. :slight_smile:
// Mark

1 Like

click the question mark and you'll get your answers :wink:

2 Likes

Search the same subject, and I find this valid request from Mark and a cryptic answer.
Anyway ... I think it would be great if goto anything would really find anything anywhere in the current profile : notes, notebooks, tags, preferences, keyboard shortcut names and even menu items.
Just my 2ct

1 Like

Yes, the answer was indeed cryptic.
I think he meant if you click the '?' icon in the goto anything popup, you'll find that you need to type @notebook to go to a notebook.

1 Like