The following are just my thoughts and no criticism (I adore Joplin) and maybe I am doing something completely wrong:
Let’s consider you want to find a title named ‘coding todo’ (and you have forgotten if it is a notebooktitle or notetitle, the difference of which I also do not quite understand):
- you will find it only if you type ‘@todo’ in ‘goto’ if it is a notebooktitle
- you will find it only if you type ‘todo’ in ‘goto’ if it is a notetitle
That feels kind of awkward (plus ‘goto’ is easily overlooked)… a common ‘search’ should be able to find both … thats what a ‘search’ is for.
If would even consider to unite ‘goto’ and ‘search’ into one function which finds all text and titles and would be self explaining and therefore better design.
Proposal (everything in ‘search’):
- ‘todo’ get everything(text and titles) containing ‘todo’
- ‘title:todo’ get titles containing ‘todo’
- ‘body:todo’ get notes containing ‘todo’