I like the idea, though would favor specifying the internal ID of a tag/notebook instead of its name (it currently can only be looked up directly in sqlite, if I am not mistaken). Otherwise you will get linking issues, if tags/notebooks are renamed.
FYI, for some reason I cannot get this plugin to work. I see other items when I right-click, but nothing related to this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the "switch notebooks" trick. I realize I've been commenting on all your plugins all day, thanks again for your hard work. I am on Joplin 1.6.6.
One user reported that it was introduced in 1.6.5 (so reverting to 1.6.4 worked)
Its about selectedText and replaceSelection commands. It breaks backlinks plugin, for example, b/c it uses selectedText as away to retrieve text from editor.
Other that use selectedText are also affected.
Error, plugin doesn't seem to work here Joplin 1.6.7 (prod, win32)
My bad, I need to use the right format of #Anatomy to make this work.
This plugin combos well with a pinned note, having all tags in one organized spot to navigate from.
In retrospect an error message with a short instruction of including the hash or at symbol as part of the string to make this plugin work, would be more helpful. Although I've come to realize there isn't much of hand holding and feed-forward when it comes to using Joplin's rich features and add-ons in general, instead I'm rewarded for digging gold nuggets.