Feature request: Joplin interacts with a desktop calendar software

I'm new here, just recently discovered Joplin. (I know, I know, living under a rock and whatnot.) I have just about started using it and I love it so far! Here's a feature request that I think would add great benefit to the users:

Combining Joplin with a desktop calendar software which, in turn, can integrate with online SaaS calendars such as Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Calendly, etc. via CalDAV.

Here's what I had in mind:

• I create a todo item in Joplin and specify a time in it, for example, 'call Annie at 5 pm on Wednesday, discuss issue #452'. In the todo item, I further specify the time block 5 pm to 5:30 pm Wednesday.
  • From the toolbar, I enable the 'calendar pane'. The calendar pane displays to the right of the ediitng pane - it contains all the todo items from my Joplin notes, including the one I created in the previous step.
  • I go to my desktop calendar software - let's call it McCalsy. I see that the todo item I created in the first step shows up in the calendar software, and has blocked the half hour time.
  • I get a meeting invite on Gmail for a group call at 5:15 on Wednesday. But the Google Calendar displays my calendar time between 5 and 5:30 as blocked, so I'm unable to accept this invite. (Not an expert on Google Calendar, but you get the point.) So I propose a new time - 6 to 6:30 pm.
  • In Joplin, I try to create a todo item - 'buy medicines at 6:15 pm on Wednesday' - but I'm unable to create this todo right away. The Joplin interface shows me that my time is marked as 'tentatively available' between 6 and 6:30 pm Wednesday.
  • So I change the timing to 8 pm Wednesday and create the todo.
  • Then I create a todo, 'John's birthday' for 6th June in McCalsy. Even though I can see that there are other meetings booked the whole day, I can still create this todo, because I specify that this is... I don't know... non-concurrent task? Just a reminder?

The first desktop calendar software I had in mind was Minetime - now Morgen - but it looks like they are no longer open sourced.

Kalendar seems to be available for Windows as well as Linux, so perhaps it may be worth a look.

It must be clear by now that I'm not a developer. So if you read something odd or unclear, do educate me. I'll be happy to learn.

Lastly, do we have a plugin already that does all these things? Have I plunked down these requirements while I could have streamed Money Heist? :slight_smile: