Feature request: Add option to disable "New todo" button

Hi. I would be nice to have ability to turn this button off in settings. I’ve often make mistake and tap this button instead “New Note”.
If this is not possible, please consider color change for this button to distinguish from “New note” which is a lot more often used or even set “New Note” button to appear always on top do the job.

5 Likes

Yup, I hit it all the time by accident. I’d never use the todo-feature (unless combined with actual reminders to replace Apple Reminders) but rather the checkboxes in markdown itself

3 Likes

+1 for this. I use Things for to-do lists so I don't need to-dos in Joplin, and I keep accidentally tapping the "new to-do" button when trying to make a new note. Really, I just want to disable Joplin's to-do functionality entirely.

Usually when I am trying to make a new note I'm trying to braindump something as quickly as possible before the thought drifts away, so having to navigate note vs. to-do every time is very annoying. I want to get to a blank canvas with zero UI friction and as quickly as possible.

5 Likes

Good feature request. The same thing happens to me all the time. I think it is a user interface problem. For example, why does the To-Do button come first after the search box and the sort note (not to-do) button? Joplin is primarily an electronic notebook and not a to-do focused app like Todoist or such. Recommend the new note button comes first because that seems to be the core use for this app. This is likely what is hanging people up with the flow. Recommend there is a quick and easy way to hide or disable the to-do button. Yes, I know now how to disable it with modifying a css file but most users will not understand this. Modifying a CSS file is way beyond most users especially those who are moving away from Evernote.

2 Likes

+1 on this. I would like the plus button to.simply create a new note. CSS is also not an option for the Android app. With over a thousand views it is safe to say this is a much wanted change.

1 Like

Since New notebook has been removed, is there a reason why New note and New to-do can't replace the + button? Then, adding button toggles to Configuration can enable hiding an unused button as described above.

2 Likes