Global TODO-List

Hello,

what I really miss on Joplin (using Desktop) is a global TODO List which shows all TODOs of the different Notebooks together in one place.

Greetings,
Stefan

2 Likes

something like that ?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the fast answer.

Not exactly what I was looking for. I have numerous notebooks (one for each project) and I want to see the open TODOs of all notebooks together to get an overview about the upcoming work. As it is now I always have to check each notebook seperately for open TODOs.

1 Like

On the main page of the app you have all the todo

Not on the Desktop (Linux) here.

I see the limitation there also. As a work round I created a notebook named 1. To do and I create all to-dos on there. I keep notebooks listed alphabetically so it’s always on top. I suppose if you wanted to-dos in your separate notebooks you could create a to-do tag. You could then filter by tag to see all your to-dos. I know it’s an extra step when creating a to-do.

Perhaps that could be added as a feature, creating a to-do automatically adds a to-do tag

2 Likes

Or just a single TODO-Button on the sidebar which shows all the TODOs.

2 Likes

Better still!

I’d love to see this as well!

for me it could even (optionally) include todo’s from inside normal notes (all - [ ] expressions)

meanwhile you can create such a thing by creating one note and drag&drop each of your todo-note in that note as if it was a "summary"

it's not perfect but it can play a role before having that feature in our lovely welcome page :wink:

Any update on this? Would still love to see it in Joplin :slight_smile:

at least when you use “all notes” ; you can see the TODO at the begining of that list

Not on Joplin-Desktop

yes it’s true

Hi, this is just a quick heads up that I started to summarize what has been discussed here as a Github Issue. If you are interested in seeing GTD and smart notebooks / agenda / diaries in Joplin, please provide meaningful input or consider support on Patreon!

1 Like

Yeah! Thanks so much.

I also miss the feature of seeing all ToDos in one place. I want to add the following to the idea:

• The ToDos should be sorted by due date
  • The ToDos should be shown in their context, e.g. if I have a ToDo in a Subnotebook I should see the path to the ToDo

Unfortunately the Github Issue of @the42 was closed. How to get this feature request to an accepted feature request?

This feature is being tested. Check it out here.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast answer @rabeehrz. I am aware of this feature but it’s going not far enough for me. I am missing the overview. The attached picture is illustrating my idea:

6 Likes

Ahh. Well, if the devs think it is a good feature, we could open up a feature request and implement it. It will be a while though as there are a lot of bugs to fix and PR’s to review.

1 Like