Homepage    |    Wiki    |    GitHub    |    Twitter

Error when trying to sync with Nextcloud

Hello, I've just setup a Nextcloud sync to Joplin and got this error, I've tried searching for solutions but no clue what's going on.

Joplin information:

Joplin 2.6.10 (prod, linux)

Client ID: c5acdd2c1cfa42d894cfb8ae197b8b41
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: No

The error:

Error
The sync target could not be upgraded due to an error. For support, please copy the complete content of this page and paste it in the forum: https://discourse.joplinapp.org/

The full error was:

PROPFIND locks/: File with name //locks could not be located (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound) (404): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns"> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound</s:exception> <s:message>File with name //locks could not be located</s:message> </d:error>

Error: PROPFIND locks/: File with name //locks could not be located (Exception Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound) (404): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
  <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound</s:exception>
  <s:message>File with name //locks could not be located</s:message>
</d:error>

    at newError (/app/joplin-desktop/resources/app/node_modules/@joplin/lib/WebDavApi.js:414:11)
    at WebDavApi.exec (/app/joplin-desktop/resources/app/node_modules/@joplin/lib/WebDavApi.js:441:11)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
    at async FileApiDriverWebDav.list (/app/joplin-desktop/resources/app/node_modules/@joplin/lib/file-api-driver-webdav.js:134:18)

hey, welcome around, could you tell what Nextcloud provider are you using?

Currently using the free version from tab digital.

Free tab.digital is awful and I know because that is what I was using. I constantly got lock errors and at one point I basically lost sync for an entire month because it kept breaking things, I even deleted my entire sync target at one point, forced a new sync only for it to fail with locks again less than a day later.

1 Like

As a wish of Merry Christmas, I remember only a month ago they casually shutdown all their services leaving nginx error as their website main page. I didn't have anything critical there and they got to "normal" after about 2 weeks but it made me visit this topic again

To the topic starter, if you got time, you can wait for a few days, maybe they would fix the issue. If not, you can try moving to another cloud and see if it helps, usually it does.

UPD: currently I can't sync to tab.digital as well (time out error 504), so they might be at it again

1 Like

I'll do that, didn't know about these things, thanks for the help!