Error on Dropbox synchro

Source: Joplin 1.0.193 on Windows 10, synch with Dropbox

Synchronization returns for several days the following error message “POST files/download: fetchBlob error (409): path/restricted_content/”. Number of listed files is random, varying from 3 to 20.

Nothing changed in the config, neither on the system nor the application, but the latest update (this morning)…

Thanks in advance for any help!

Log file:Joplin log.txt (376.1 KB)

https://discourse.joplinapp.org/search?q=restricted_content

Thanks Laurent for the feedback!

I had already browsed the forum and read those posts but my case looks a bit different: all files listed in error by Joplin are GIF files and a quick check shows that there’s absolutely no GIF file in my Dropbox!

I can’t suspect any size issue and don’t know where where to start my troubleshooting…

Hi Laurent,

First of all, I hope everyone's safe on this forum! Quarantine is not that hard when you already have all the required digital tools... :wink:

By the way, I reactivate the thread as I just can't understand what's wrong with the files in error: all the files listed by Joplin as

[...] POST files/download: fetchBlob error (409): path/restricted_content/[Retry]

do not exist in my Dropbox! How do you explain this and where can I start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance for your help!

You might want to report the issue to Dropbox as it’s likely to be a false positive.

Thanks Laurent, I did, but in the meantime, how can I identify which note is actually linked to these ghost files?

Here’s an example of what Joplin notifies: tp_advid_398941_trcid_30707_val__792fd2bd2866489398c0ccb7de72f3f9.gif (04330c328069414e8fbc6f0e3228f3b2) : POST files/download: fetchBlob error (409) --> how can I draw the note id from this message? Maybe I would have to fix the note too…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Laurent,

Some news on my case:

• I’ve finally found that such entries as tp_advid_398941_trcid_30707_val__ae942009c9a740ce8553c241bfb6740f.gif (5c8f64c85bf3481683002c585c0a06cc) point to an actual file in Dropbox\Applications\Joplin.resource
  • Browsed through the list of “Files that could be downloaded”, found and deleted them in Dropbox
  • Forced a new sync --> same list of errors

Now I’m wondering which notes those files relate to, so I can maybe fix the notes instead of tinkering with the storage… I’ve got no answer from Dropbox support on this so far.

What’s your advice on this?

I'm guessing this 5c8f64c85bf3481683002c585c0a06cc is the resource id. You can do a full text search for this string in your /Apps/Joplin.

Just tried that and it found 2 .md files: one corresponding to the resource itself and another one to the note that had this resource attached.

Thanks @roman_r_m, you guessed right!

I’ve found and removed all faulty files from the Dropbox\Applications\Joplin folder manually, sync’d again and Joplin:

• still complains about “objects that cannot be synchronized”
  • doesn’t display any faulty object in the Synchronization report

Both items don’t match, so I need to dig a bit in the resources maybe… Will try and report here!

Thanks again for your help!