Enhancement Suggestion: View & Edit Multiple Notes Simultaneously in Windows App

Hi,

I use the Evernote Windows application extensively but I’m tired of the bugs that don’t get fixed and poor design choices. After looking at Joplin it looks like the perfect replacement except that it lacks one feature that I use all the time and am not willing to give up.

In Evernote I use the list panel which lists the notes but does not display the contents. Double-clicking on a note opens it in a separate window for viewing and editing, and I can open multiple notes simultaneously. I do this all the time when I need to look at multiple notes when editing and sometimes move information between notes. In Joplin I can’t open multiple notes simultaneously, and for me that’s a show stopper.

My suggestion is that Joplin provide a list window like Evernote does where double-clicking on a note would open a new window where the note could be viewed and edited, and multiple notes could be open simultaneously. Or, a simpler change would be to allow double clicking on a note in the current Joplin window with the same effect.

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Maybe this is not exactly what you are looking for, but you can open multiple notes in an external editor, for example in VS Code.

1 Like

Unfortunately multiple open notes are not planned for Joplin (at least not for the foreseeable future. iirc Laurent mentioned this a while back).
But as @Tekki explained, you can use an external editor as a workaround.

Thanks for the comments. I’ll have to give this some thought.

Mike

FYI, discussed with Laurent here: Desktop app: Opening/editing multiple notes

I too sometimes find myself working with several notes simultaneously. Tabs would be great.

1 Like